AGM meeting

The date of the AGM has been changed to Wednesday 16th March 2018.
Robin Graham is standing down so the Parish Council will be looking for someone to take his place. If anyone is interested and would like to know more about the Council please get in touch via

Swift boxes

If anyone would like a nesting box for swifts there are two available. They need to be assembled (which is quite straightforward) and advice is available. Just email

Planning application

Mr and Mrs Bridges, Wren House, Sudnicton Court have submitted a planning application. Application number 18/00104/HOUSE can be viewed online at Ryedale District Council. Please forward any comments to Westow Parish Council or Ryedale District Council.

Minutes: January 2018


Westow Parish Council Meeting –Wednesday 10th January 2018– 7.30pm

Attendees: S Graham (Chair) SG Angela Fothergill (Clerk) Robin Graham (Treasurer) Margaret Thompson (MT);) Neil Johnson~(NJ); Mike Smith (MS); Pennie Hamer (PH): Helen Crews (HC); John Smith (J Smith)); Christine Smith (C Smith)

Apologies: The minutes from Novembers meeting were proposed by RG and seconded by NT as a correct record.

Clerks Update – AF had received membership renewal application from SLCC it was agreed by the Council to pay the subscription of £41 AF to forward cheque to SLCC
AF and RG had reported the pothole and road condition around the village via email and the Parish Portal – many of the potholes had now been seen to and repaired.
Budget and Finance
Precept 2018/2019 – RG informed the Council that the precept form had been submitted to RDC for the 2018/2019 year and the amount submitted was for £2300. There had been no increase on last year.
Planning Applications
There had been no planning applications since November’s meeting.


Some discussion took place regarding the weight restriction over Kirkham Bridge, HGV’s still seemed to be using the bridge and it was advised that if anyone sees this happening to get the company of the vehicle and also the registration number so that the PC can report them.

It was agreed by the PC that better signage on the A64 is needed to stop/warn HGV’s of the weight restriction of the bridge.

AF to email James Malcolm from Highways and ask him what the situation is with regarding to signage for the weight restriction of the bridge.

Kirkham Bridge would be closed for a 6 week period which is due to start on the 22nd January. CS to see if she could find out if the road would be open on an evening/night when works are not going on.

The meeting ended at 8.10 p.m.
Next meeting 7th March 2018

Finance Decisions (for audit purposes)

Decision Amount (£)      SLCC    £41